Wednesday, August 8, 2012

the end already?

I can't believe I am on my way back home to the States! I sorta feel like I just made this long journey, but then again screening day feels like it was 2 months ago. Monday we had 9 surgeries and then Tuesday we had 4 surgeries (2 lips, scar release, and a keloid removal) and then we packed up and inventoried all of the supplies we are taking home or sending off to Vietnam (for Operation of Hope's mission in September--specializing in burn injuries). We ended up getting back to the lodge around 4, so naturally Mari and I took a nap :) Then, it was time to head out for a group dinner at another local lodge called Amanzi...it was BEAUTIFUL! The restaurant itself has such a cool atmosphere (we sat outside, which had views of the pond/waterfall and we were serenaded by bullfrogs the whole meal), it was perfect for the last night with all of us together...delicious food was eaten, toasts were made, and then even more delicious dessert was eaten ;) 



Mari, Jen (the director of Operation of Hope and Mari's Mom) and Myself at dinner


ZIM TEAM 2012 

Group shot--can you tell me, Mari, Allison, and Kristie thought it was a "funny photo"? 


I am sitting in Joburg (South Africa) as I type, so I should be home in another 30 hours! Ready, set, go :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment