Saturday, July 28, 2012

arrived.

After 4 countries, 3 planes, 6 in flight meals, and a whole lot of movies and naps, I am finally in Zim! I'm not quite sure if I can tell you what day it is, but I'm here :) Thankfully, even with all of the connections not a single one of my flights were delayed, and when I arrived in Zim 2 other Operation of Hope volunteers were on my flight so we drove back with rotary volunteers together. We are staying at a lodge in Harare that has different little bungalows on the property and all 12 rooms are Op Hope people, so we have the whole place to ourselves! I got in around 4:20 pm and took a quick nap and then we had a team meeting where we met everyone and then we all had dinner in the dining room. For dinner we had pea soup, fresh bread, salad, chicken curry, rice, veggies, mashed potatoes, and a pineapple cobbler for dessert! The team seems great and there are people from all over; North Carolina, San Diego, Idaho, and Sacramento. Tomorrow is screening day where all of the patients travel to Harare to get evaluated for treatment. I'll be sure to bring back some good stories, and hopefully pictures! Now, I'm off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment